Sunday, March 30, 2014

Kids Club Moment

On Wednesday I could only be at Kids Club for a few minutes before I went over to the science fair at the middle school.  I was keeping on eye on the perimeter watching for kids as they walked up.  One Kindergarten girl who has gone to Kids Club a few times over the last couple of years wondered up and sat on one of the giant rocks at the edge of the park. I sat next to her on the rock.  I asked if she wanted to do any of the activities and she shook her head no.  I asked if she wanted to sit in my lap and she shook her head yes.  So I moved her on to my lap and put my arms around her.  I began to slowly rock her. After a minute or so I hears her small voice saying something.  I asked, "What did you say?" She replied, "Nothing." Again I heard her voice and I bent my head down and I realized she was singing to herself.  So I kept rocking and she kept humming.  After about ten minutes she said, "Ok, I'm ready to get down now and play."  And she ran to join the other kids waiting in line at the swing.  It was a picture to my of what God does for us.  He hugs and rocks us and then sends us into community where we can thrive and flourish and learn and grow.

1 comment: